Auto-Validation for Quality Assurance
"Auto-Validation" is a powerful quality assurance method to help verify correct data warehouse operation. The method uses program-based logic to automatically check thousands of results, directly uses Vitalnet output without manual steps, and produces automated reports. A more complete description of Auto-Validation is available.
Auto-Validation automatically compares two large sets of Vitalnet results:
- Previously verified "Gold Standard" table series.
- The same tables, as currently produced by Vitalnet.
Based on the comparisons, Auto-Validation produces report web pages, such as this example. The best way to understand Auto-Validation is to view a report page. For each "Gold Standard" table series, the report page includes the following:
- The parameters used to produce the table series.
- Links to expected results (text, CSV, HTML) (Gold Standard).
- Links to observed results (text, CSV, HTML) (current results).
- The number of numerical results compared.
- Links to "diff" files showing any discrepancies.
- Overall validation indicator (green / yellow / red).
Any red or yellow indicator is investigated and promptly resolved.
Links to Auto-Validation Report Pages