Overview - Vitalnet Data Warehouse Software
Vitalnet is fully configured, ready-to-use data warehouse software for analyzing and disseminating large, complex data sets.
Health data sets and other large data sets contain a wealth of information.
Agencies and businesses invest large amounts of time and money in collecting the data.
Vitalnet leverages and makes best use of your valuable data.
The Vitalnet solution provides:
• Vitalnet data analysis software
• Customized interfaces to query the data
• Complete professional software system
• No programming or data importing required on your part
• Support services needed to ensure project success
Vitalnet analyzes large, complex data bases:
Other systems are available as needed:
benefits enrollment, birth defects, census, emergency room, food stamps, HIV / AIDS, health manpower, immunizations, infant death, lead screening, linked birth / death, Medicaid, Medicare, newborn screening, outpatient care, poverty, PRAMS, reportable diseases, TANF, trauma registry, unemployment, YRBS, and WIC.
Vitalnet serves a broad range of users, including:
Vitalnet serves a wide variety of purposes, including:
• Data analysts
• Doctors / nurses
• Policy makers
• Community assessment
• Data analysis
• Disease surveillance
• Health research
• Policy making
• Program assessment
• Program planning
• Statistical reporting
VitalPro™ desktop platforms
meet the needs of expert users:
• Routinely carry out analyses not feasible before.
• Easily customize age groupings to whatever needed.
• Compare customized geo "sets" with each other.
• Compare customized ICD "sets" with each other.
• The entire ICD system is included.
• VitalPro is fast and flexible.
run in any common web browser:
- main page with most selections.
• Uses helper pages for certain parameters.
• Separate output window displays all output.
- runs in a single web page.
• Step-by-Step Mode leads user to make table or map.
• Jump-to-Step Mode lets user jump to any step.
- like a desktop program.
• Maximum flexibility.
• Very compact.
An immediately useful data warehouse solution -
EHDP guarantees successful operation and data importing.
Many organizations spend years developing data warehouse software.
Often with disappointing results.
We deliver guaranteed better performance. Now.
Simplified contracting and lower costs -
The costs for complex software systems can be high. Sometimes very high.
There are typically high direct and indirect development costs,
and hassles and headaches for all involved.
Ongoing maintenance costs can also be high.
Vitalnet is a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) data warehouse solution,
so the initial and ongoing costs are lower and predictable.
Vitalnet is licensed on an annual flat-rate basis to an agency, business, or individual.
A comprehensive service -
Customization, setup, data importing, and other services needed for
project success are included with each license.
We will make needed changes and modifications
to meet your needs, usually at no extra cost.
Guaranteed project success -
A large proportion of software development projects fail to meet user needs.
Even if successful, most software becomes obsolete in a few years with
advances in technology.
In contrast, Vitalnet software is guaranteed to meet your needs.
And Vitalnet has a proven track record for adapting to
new technologies and requirements.
Vitalnet is designed for compatibility with:
• CDC User Interface Style Guide
• CDC Assessment Initiative recommendations
• CDC NEDSS
• Section 508
• Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Local access (runs directly on computer):
• VitalPro for Win32
• VitalPro for Unix
Internet access (runs in web browser):
• VitalWeb Standard
• VitalWeb Wizard
• VitalWeb Ajax
Enjoyable to use -
Little training is required, even for inexperienced users.
Uniform data definitions and conventions across interfaces.
Program prevents selection of incompatible parameters.
On-line help and advice.
• VitalPro for Win32 - Curses interface. Maximum flexibility.
• VitalPro for Unix - Curses interface. Not normally licensed.
• VitalWeb Standard - Main page, helper windows.
• VitalWeb Wizard - Leads user step-by-step.
• VitalWeb Ajax - Very compact. Maximum flexibility.
• Compare Vitalnet platforms
Useful output -
Making useful output is the main point of Vitalnet.
Output is nicely formatted and well documented,
and can be used in reports and publications with little or no modification.
• Text output, for importing into other software.
• HTML output, for display in browser.
• Delimited output, imports into spreadsheet software.
• dBASE III output, imports into data display software.
• Professionally formatted thematic maps.
• Pie charts, line plots, and bar charts.
Wide variety of statistics, including:
• Birth: birth rate, cesarean rate, low birth wt %, more.
• Cancer: AA rates, incidence rates, SIR, more.
• Death: age-adjustment, crude rate, SMR, YPLL, more.
• Hospital: mean charges, LOS, AA rates, SMR, more.
• Population: population, % in age group, median age.
• Pregnancy: pregnancies, pregnancy rates, more.
• All products: Confidence intervals, time-trend analysis.
• Other: We can add other statistics. Usually no charge.
Lets you "compare anything with anything":
• You control what kind of table, chart, or map to make.
• The program quickly responds to your requests.
• Menu-driven for selecting and combining parameters.
• Maximum flexibility for specifying analysis.
• Sorting of rows is available as needed.
• Multi-tables automatically produced, saving much time.